When: Sunday 22 May 2022
Where: Kaleen High School
- Div 1
- Div 2
- Div 3
- Div 4
- Junior Pool 1 (0 – 11 years, any gender)
- Junior Pool 2 (12 – 15 years, any gender)
Team composition: 2 men and 2 women, up to 6 players.
Note: Must be a member of a Badminton ACT club.
Spots: 16 graded teams and 8 junior teams. 4 teams per pool, play each other team.
Cost: $60 per team
Registration: Contact your club president if you would like to form a team. They will forward details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 11.59pm Saturday 14 May 2022
For full rules, read the information below!
This tournament is limited to BACT member players only.
The Standard for this Tournament is aimed at B, C and D Grades, as well as a Junior event.
• There is no capacity for Open or A Grade teams at this time. An alternate event, at a later date, is being considered for these Grades subject to venue available.
Each player must be a member of the Club that has entered them in a Team, except for Junior Pools. Clubs may enter combined junior teams where they do not have enough players in each age group.
A further exception may be considered by the Tournament Committee on request where Teams seek female players.
This event is limited to a maximum of 16 graded teams and 8 junior teams.
- Due to venue availability and capacity, the number of teams is capped.
- Each Club will be guaranteed one Team entry in the tournament, acceptance of additional teams will then be in order of receipt of the Team Entry Form (below).
- Should only 4 or less Junior teams be entered, they will be capacity for an additional 4 Teams in a new Combined Division
The entry fee per team is $60 (this will be invoiced to clubs post event). BACT will sponsor one free team entry per BACT affiliated club.
Entries close on Saturday 14 May 2022.
Clubs must send by email the Team Entry Form (below) to email@example.com no later than 11.59pm Saturday 14 May 2022
The Tournament Committee will confirm how many Teams from each Club have been accepted no later than Wednesday 18 May and will enter into Tournament Software.
This event is a doubles competition, and consists of MD, WD and 2 XD per team tie.
- Teams have 1 hour to complete each Team tie against another Team in the Pool. If the final XD match is not completed within 1 hour, scores of the match in play will be recorded as is.
Combined Division Teams will consist of minimum 2 men and 2 women. Up to 6 players can be entered for a Team, however only 2 men and 2 women can play in any team pool tie against another Club.
The Junior under 11 event will consist of 4 singles matches, the Junior 12-15 event will consist of 4 doubles matches, with Team members of any gender.
Combined B/C Division 1 – suggested team composition is for B grade players and high-level C grade
players who need encouragement to move into B grade
Combined B/C Division 2 – suggested for C players with Tournament experience
Combined C/D Division 3 – suggested for C players with no Tournament experience
Combined C/D Division 4 – suggested for D grade players
Junior Pool 1 – 11 years and under – 4 teams – any gender
Junior Pool 2 – 12 to 15 years – 4 teams – any gender
A round-robin format will be used, with 4 teams per pool. Each Team will play all other Teams in their pool.
Prizes awarded to winning team of each Division.
VENUE AND SCHEDULE
Venue – Kaleen High School, Hayden Drive KALEEN
Suggested Timing – to be confirmed
• 8 am – Combined Division 1, Combined Division 2, Juniors Pool 1
• 11.45am – Combined Division 3, Combined Division 4, Juniors Pool 2
Teams must withdraw by Wednesday 18 May 2022 at 11:59 pm to be entitled to a full refund.
Players taking part in the tournament do so at their own risk.
This tournament will be limited to BACT members only.
All players and officials will be required to practice relevant COVID-19 rules:
- Hand sanitiser will be provided at the event
- Attendance at each session will be limited to team members as well as parents/guardians.
No spectators will be allowed (other than a parent or guardian for junior players under 16).
Players should not attend if unwell in any way (and should advise the tournament organisers at Tournament@badmintonact.org.au that they will not be attending) and be tested if showing any signs of COVID-19.
By participating in the event, all players will accept adherence to the Player Responsibility List and COVID-19 Safety Plan which will be available at the venue and on the BACT website prior to the event.
TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE RULES
The tournament committee reserves the right to:
- re-grade teams/players-reject any entry or entries
- combine events or cancel events, where insufficient entries are received
- disqualify any player not available to play at designated time
- disqualify any player not willing to umpire when so directed
- disqualify any player who interferes with the successful running of tournament